The paint colors you choose have the power to completely transform a room. Whether it’s a painted ceiling or a pop of color with an accent wall, the color you paint the room is integral to perfecting your overall design aesthetic. This year has bold new color trends for interior design. From a fresh take on neutrals to bold hues like blue, this year is the year to take risks with your interior design. Below you will find the most talked-about color trends for interior design in 2020.
- Bold and Monochromatic: It doesn’t have to be boring, and it is definitely not too matchy matchy! Using a bold color like blue or green can completely transform your room. If you choose blue, consider deep hues and accent your room with gold to highlight the depth of the monochromatic color. This is a great option to choose if you like to switch up your design aesthetic often as you can easily replace some of the monochromatic tones for new colors without having to redesign your home entirely.
- Warm Pastels: While light nudes are timeless, warm pastels can add some extra flair in place of just nude tones. Earthy tones like green, blue, and brown are a great way to add some warmth and depth while still maintaining subtlety. Warm pastels are also lighter and can brighten up a room. Add mirrors to your overall design and you can make a smaller room look significantly bigger.
- Deep Colors: Interior designers tend to shy away from majorly dark colors as it can make a room look smaller. However, using deep colors in a large room or even a room with vaulted ceilings can really add some character to your overall design aesthetic. Rich, saturated colors like navy blue, green, and gray can provide an intimate mood in the room.
- Earthy Tones: Browns, greens, yellows, and blues can create a space that is dynamic and calming. Creating a space that feels natural and earthy can set the room’s mood in a relaxing way. You can add earthy accents to your room with wood furniture and plants to put the finishing touches on the overall design.
- Champagne: This is a great warm tone that is replacing the cool grey trend that’s been around for the last few years. Champagne is also warmer than grey and provides a soft yet classy tone to the overall room. Metallic accessories go best with champagne, but you can also add some flair. Stay away from classic gold and use softer metallics.
- Charcoal: Black and white are out, and charcoal is in this year. Mix and match the hues by painting one wall dark charcoal and the rest a lighter color. Accent the room with medium-brown or black furniture. You can add some color by incorporating green plants into the mix. It’s a modern take on the classic black and white design.
While these color trends for interior design are hot in 2020, you can add your own flair to each of them to ensure that the trend encompasses your own unique style. Still, trends are a great way to modernize your home and increase its market value.
Furniture in Los Angeles
If you are doing a redesign or moving into a new home, contact A. Rudin. A. Rudin is your one-stop spot for the most beautiful and durable furniture. The experts at A. Rudin can help pair your design and color scheme with beautiful furniture. For four generations, A. Rudin has been a Los Angeles-based and family-owned business providing custom furniture with exceptional quality and comfort. A. Rudin is dedicated to fine craftsmanship, using old-world skills, and providing clients with elegant furniture that fits their needs.