When you think about overnight security, a few common images come to mind. These probably include motion sensor lights, CCTVs, and security guards. But these longtime standbys have become outdated and inefficient.
Remote Guarding is the future of overnight security, and the future has arrived. Commercial property owners are using combinations of cutting edge technology, ‘digital guards,’ highly trained security agents, and local law enforcement if and when necessary to minimize the potential of criminal activity.
Remote Guarding Scenario
Remote Guarding is the top-of-the-line in guarding solutions precisely because it is targeted to each property’s unique needs. An example of a Remote Guarding scenario might look like this:
- Consultants and their team visit the client’s property to evaluate their security needs, including the site’s unique vulnerabilities and where to best place monitoring devices.
- Cameras with highly advanced motion detection software can detect a person or vehicle, are installed strategically.
- Remotely located, highly trained agents are placed in conjunction with these smart cameras.
- The agents are alerted immediately to possible trespassers or suspicious activity within the designated perimeter of the property.
- Once alerted, the agents enter the property in real-time and alert the intruders via speakers that they are being watched.
- If the intruders do not leave the property, local law enforcement is called to the scene.
Benefits of Remote Guarding
Remote Guarding clients can see their costs cut buy as much as half compared to traditional security systems. This is due to
● Reduced need for security staff
● Less inventory or property loss
● Saving money on insurance premiums and deductibles
Fewer False Alarms
With Remote Guarding, the risks and costs associated with false alarms are reduced because professional security agents can assess threats before law enforcement is called.
Active Shooter Incidents
By tracking intruders in real-time, remote agents can provide information to security and police teams en-route or on premises. Agent activities include opening, closing, locking, unlocking doors, as well as communicating to staff, students and even the suspect themselves if appropriate. Because of this, situational awareness is accelerated – this saves lives, accelerates apprehension, and helps ensure collection and preservation of evidence.
Why aren’t my cameras and burglary alarm enough?
Burglary Alarms have a high false alarm rate, and this makes them a low priority for law enforcement. Even if your cameras are working properly, they are only good for looking back at crime once it has already happened.
If I switch to Remote Guarding, can I still use my Analog or IP cameras?
Yes. Oftentimes your existing CCTV/ surveillance system can be incorporated into your new Remote Guarding system.
Who Can View My Camera Feed and How?
You can have access to live video from all connected cameras from any internet connected device. With your permission the police can view the feed live as well. You also receive daily activity reports by email. Captured images from critical events are sent to you, along with the police with your permission.
Should I Keep the Guards I Already Have on My Property?
It depends. Oftentimes you can save a lot of money by replacing your guards completely. Remote Guarding is meant to be a “Force Multiplier” system which increases the effectiveness of your security guards. In those cases where onsite security guards are needed, monitoring and security services include serving as the overall security coordinator for the client facility.
For more information on Remote Guarding to protect your property overnight,
Contact Elite Interactive Solutions, the leader in Remote Guarding and Monitoring Solutions. Elite is the only Remote Guarding firm endorsed by FBI-LEEDA, a premier executive law enforcement educator. Countless Fortune 500 Companies have enlisted Elite for their security needs- Read our Client Testimonials!