Kitchen cabinets are an investment that can last if you choose the right materials and color. While most people opt for white or neutral cabinets, there are so many options that can set your kitchen apart from the rest. Choosing your cabinet color is important because it can ensure that you don’t have to renovate or redecorate for a while. It can also help increase the value of your home in the case you decide to sell. Below you will find some of the top kitchen cabinet colors 2020 has seen trending.
Top Kitchen Cabinet Colors of 2020
- Black: While it’s not too far from the simplicity of white, it adds an edge to the overall style of a kitchen. Pitch black cabinets can add depth if you complement it with other colors in your kitchen. For example, you can complement the black with neutral tones on your backsplash or even your countertops.
- Two-Tone Cabinets: To avoid being overmatched, you can add some contrast with two-toned cabinets. The best way to accomplish this is to have your lower cabinets a slightly darker hue compared to your upper cabinets. Rustic tones like cream and gray are a great way to keep things neutral without the kitchen looking too dull or monotone. These colors also allow for a smooth transition between the lower cabinets, countertops, backsplash, and upper cabinets.
- Mix and Match: A new trend that’s hitting the kitchen world is mixed cabinets that combine natural wood and painted cabinets. Lower wood cabinets that are darker and a lighter painted cabinet on top can add dimension and brighten up the kitchen. While most trends in the past have had all matching cabinets, it can become dull and create a tiresome aesthetic. Adding dimension can even make your kitchen look more spacious.
- All Wood: Wood was out for a while as white and neutrals dominated the kitchen cabinet space. However, wood is coming back as a strong design trend in 2020. Wood is versatile as you can experiment with the type of wood and the finish.
- Pops of Color: One of the significant trends in 2020 is adding a pop of color in your kitchen with one area of the cabinets. For example, you can choose a cream or neutral tone for most of your cabinets, but add a pop of color with the cabinets on the kitchen island. Dark colors like deep blue and green or a bright yellow is a great way to add some dimension to your space.
Updating your kitchen space with new cabinetry can be an excellent investment. It can also completely change and modernize your kitchen. One of the main worries is getting the right color scheme that is complementary and doesn’t clash.
A color wheel can really help beginners find the right balance. Keep in mind that you will need to mesh the cabinets, backsplash, and countertops. The color wheel is helpful as it can help you match the tones within your desired color scheme. Complementary colors are next to one another on the wheel, and contrasting are opposite one another.
Cabinet Experts in West Hollywood, California
If you are looking for the best custom kitchen cabinets Los Angeles has to offer, and want an expert opinion on your new plans, contact Kitchen Works LA. The process of building a new kitchen or renovating an old one can be expensive, time-consuming, and overwhelming. Kitchen Works LA offers the best overall kitchen systems in the United States in both quality and innovation.
For those who would like some extra support with their kitchen cabinetry needs, scheduling a free consultation with Kitchen Works LA is simple and easy as you can complete the form online. Choosing Kitchen Works LA for your kitchen needs is a great investment in your kitchen and a benefit to the overall value of your home. For contemporary kitchen cabinets in Los Angeles, look no further. We have all the top kitchen cabinet colors 2020 trends are about.